We are looking for Van drivers to start immediately in Exeter area for ongoing day work.
The role is multi drop delivery for a parcel company. You will need good area knowledge as you will be planning your own route. You will need to use your initiative and think on your feet in this face paced profession.
You will also be using a hand held scanner so you will need to be confident using technology.
Monday to Friday. The start time each day will be around 7am - 9am depending on the arrival of the parcels in the depot.
Temp to perm opportunities available.
- You must hold a full UK [Category B Licence].
- Ideally you will have van driving experience.
- Be happy to deal with the general public.
- Good knowledge of the local area.
- Clean and professional at all times.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- The ability to handball off large and heavy items.
- Minimum 9 hours paid per day.
- Overtime after 9 hours Monday to Friday.
- Some overtime available on Saturday.
- Good overtime rates available on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
- Up to 28 days holiday accrued per year.
- Pension contributions after 12 weeks probation period. (optional)
- Backline Logistics Hi Vis Vest and Branded Polo Shirts provided.
- Steel Toe Cap Boots provided.
THE BENEFITS OF BACKLINE
- FREE training to upskill drivers including Forklift...and more.
- Weekly Pay with an online platform to see your payslips.
- Temp to Perm opportunities.
- 24 hour manned phones for support.
- Working for a premium brand synonymous with great service.
Backline cannot be compared to traditional recruitment businesses. We look to build long term relationships with drivers by offering unique benefits, enhancing skills, maximising pay and making full-time, permanent employment a reality.