Backline have a great opportunity for a Product Technologist in Plymouth
If you want to progress your career this is the perfect company as they are growing fast.
The role will include:
- Overview of Pre-shipment inspections, DUPRO, social compliance audit bookings & related paperwork
- Evaluate packaging and Instruction Manuals to ensure accuracy for all data.
- Prepare documentation and product specifications based on technical information.
- Ensuring that production methods meet legislation guidelines.
- Monitor & assist on various product introduction projects and related activities.
- Inputting of data for product quality, safety and due diligence documentation.
- Analysing test & inspection documentation and certification with third parties.
- Working on own initiative, accurately adhering to both rapidly changing deadlines/timescales
- Guiding, advising and having the communication skills to relay complex information back to colleagues and suppliers.
- Requesting and processing of technical related data from buyers or suppliers.
- Process improvements.
- Direct liaison with buying teams, suppliers, other departments & service suppliers.
- Reviewing internal & external complaints & conducting compliance checks
- Collating and analysing data and charts against defined parameters.
- Proactively identifying and analysing potential problems and proposing commercially acceptable solutions.
You will need to have:
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management abilities gained in a fast moving commercial organisation
- Ability to react swiftly to changing requirements and pressures
- A demonstrable technical background in mechanical or electro engineering or softlines.
- PC literate with experience of working with Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent written & verbal skills.
- A keen eye for attention to detail.
- Experience in retail or factory QC.
- Experience of the risk assessment process
- Wide knowledge or experience of product groups and how products are manufactured.
- Good lateral, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience & understanding of specifications, drawings and component level problem solving
- Knowledge of 8D, Six Sigma and other quality tools
This is a full time role working Monday to Friday
If this is the perfect role for you please send a up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01752 337800 for more information