Our client is a Sunday Times Top Track 100 company and one of the UK 's fastest growing privately owned companies.
As a result of their expansion plans and continued ongoing success they are seeking a dynamic Buying Assistant, to be based at their Head Office in Plymouth.
You will be required to:
- Support the Senior Buying team to drive sales, maximize profit and achieve stock and sales targets.
- Assist in sourcing, listing, managing and developing product ranges and promotional offers.
- Liaise with suppliers to manage ranges and maintain the product file.
- Monitor competitor activity.
- Research, compile and interpret data to formulate strategies as required.
- Ensure all relevant administrative, financial and system procedures are completed accurately and within agreed timescales.
- Produce regular information for, liaise with and provide support for stores.
- Attend supplier meetings, showrooms and trade shows upon progression.
Essential & Preferred Skills & Requirements:
- A degree is preferred but not essential.
- You must be able to demonstrate knowledge of and an interest in retail.
- Excellent commercial understanding and communication skills are a priority.
- You will be committed and confident with strong administrative, organisational and prioritisation skills.
- You will be comfortable working both individually and with a team.
- You will have proficient written, numerical/analytical and PC skills, particularly Excel and a sound understanding of Online processes.
Salary depending on experience.
Please apply with your most recent CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 01752 337800